Terms and Conditions of IRSPM Membership
- Membership fees of IRSPM are 100 € for regular membership or 60 € for emeriti and students
- Membership will last until 31 March following the registration.
- Membership registration can be withdrawn within 10 days. To withdraw, please, send an email to email@example.com
- Membership will not be renewed automatically, e.g. without explicit request for renewal, the membership will expire after one year.
- Membership can only be cancelled at the end of the one year period. No formal cancellation is required. Without explicit renewal or resubscription by the member, the membership will expire automatically after one year.
- Jurisdiction for all mutual obligations from this contract is Berne, Switzerland.
Terms of Data Use
All information acquired by the International Research Society for Public Management (IRSPM) either through the use of this website or by direct communication (e.g. e-mail) is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)  of the European Union.
Data protection notice
All personal data  collected, stored, and processed by IRSPM is done upon members’ consent.
What data elements do we gather and how?
The data elements may include your name, postal address, gender, telephone number, email address, nationality, etc. and is gathered for the express purposes of providing members access to its services and information. Such data may be collected in the following ways:
- Via online forms, when you become an IRSPM member, update your personal details, send an enquiry via the website or register for a conference;
- Via partner organisations (e.g. those responsible for organising our conferences and other events) when you register for conferences or other meetings;
- Via surveys or questionnaires in which you take part;
- Via applications to take part in a training course, workshop, conference or any other activity associated with IRSPM;
- Via subscriptions to our newsletters.
Why do we gather your data?
IRSPM collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer membership records;
- To provide member benefits and services;
- To answer your enquiries;
- To keep you updated on relevant activities and news;
- To carry out the administration related to your attendance of meetings, conferences, training courses, etc.;
- To administer prizes and nominations.
How and with whom do we share your data?
IRSPM will always treat your personal data as strictly confidential. We only ever share your personal details with:
- Trusted third-party providers to support the management of your data and to contact you for the purposes outlined in the previous section. We have verified that all of these third parties act in compliance with the GDPR and ensure that we only share the data necessary for the task.
- Executive board members and employees of IRSPM in order to meet our commitments to you by way of membership services, answering your enquiries or giving you access to opportunities related to IRSPM activities.
- Other IRSPM members, if you yourself serve on the IRSPM Executive Board or any other IRSPM committee or take on any other duty or role within IRSPM.
Your legal rights
Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information. IRSPM complies fully with its obligations under GDPR by:
- Keeping your personal data up to date and correcting inaccuracies whenever requested;
- Storing and destroying your data securely;
- Protecting your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure;
- Ensuring that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to protect personal data.
Non-members will be asked to reconfirm their continued interest in staying in touch with IRSPM every two years.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you (‘subject access request’);
- The ability to change any details we hold about you if they are found to be inaccurate or out of date (‘the right to rectification’). You can do so simply by simple request to IRSPM;
- The right to request your personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for IRSPM to retain such data (‘the right to be forgotten’);
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data for certain specific purposes;
- The right to request that IRSPM, where possible, transmits your data directly to another data controller (‘the right to data portability’);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing;
- Where processing is based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data.
Photography and filming
Photographic, audio and/or video content may be produced by IRSPM or its affiliates during IRSPM activities (conferences, meetings, workshops, etc.) and may be used to generate news, promotional material, online publications or printed promotional materials. Persons participating in IRSPM activities who do not wish their image or recording to be used for any of the aforementioned purposes should inform IRSPM. IRSPM will always request permission from speakers at any IRSPM activity before recording presentations by video for any of the purposes listed above. Pictures will be taken and shared online only with the speakers' permission.
For more information, to submit a complaint or to exercise your rights with regards to the storage and/or processing of your personal data, please contact IRSPM by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 - on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
 Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified on the basis of that data.
IRSPM International Research Society in Public Management
c/o University of Berne, Center of Competences in Public Management (KPM)
Schanzeneckstr. 1, 3001 Berne, Switzerland
President: Professor Jenny M Lewis, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Treasurer: Dr. Wouter Vandenabeele, Utrecht University School of Governance, The Nederlands