Public Management Review
Public Management Review is an internationally renowned journal which seeks to draw together and learn lessons from the development of public management across the world rather than being parochially focused upon one area. It encourages cross-national and comparative research articles and promotes inter-disciplinary work. Public Management Review is uniquely placed to offer key insights into the rapidly developing interest in public management across the world, and especially in Europe, North America and the Pacific Rim. It covers such key issues as:
- Social policy making and implementation in the plural state
- Inter-sectoral (government non-profit-for profit) relationships
- The evaluation and critique of the ‘new public management’ paradigm
- Governance institutions and processes
- Globalization and convergence in public management
- State reform and structural adjustment, and the operational/strategic management of public service organisations, including contracting, marketing and strategic management.
Public Management Review is edited by Professor Stephen P Osborne and supported by a very active editorial board. The journal has an Impact Factor of 4.221 (2019); further information on journal metrics, including acceptance rates, can be found here. Instructions for submitting to the journal can be obtained here.
Thanks to an agreement with Routledge, IRSPM members now have the opportunity to subscribe to full online access to PMR for the low price of £25 per year. This subscription includes current and early view articles, as well as the full archive of past editions of the journal. (This access is more comprehensive than that which is available via institutional access.) Members can also choose to subscribe to PMR as part of a package of public management journals for a subscription fee of £35 per year (package also includes International Journal of Public Administration; International Public Management Journal; Public Money & Management; and Public Performance & Management Review).
IRSPM Members can subscribe to the online version of Public Management Review at a discounted rate. Further details can be found by logging in to the “Subscribing to PMR” page on the IRSPM member platform.