P26 SIG Healthcare Management
Corresponding Panel Chair
Dr. Birgit Grüb, Associate Professor, Institute for Management Accounting, Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria. email@example.com
Review group chair
Cecilia Luini, Università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano, Switzerland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Sebastian Martin, Professor, Department of Health, Social and Public Management, University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Linz, Austria.
Dr. Christopher Klinger, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Family Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Stefano Calciolari, Università degli Studi di Milano “Bicocca”, Milan (Italy) and Università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano, Switzerland.
The COVID-19 pandemic and external shocks uncovered the fragile structure of modern societies and, particularly, healthcare systems. This calls for strategies aimed to foster resilience and innovation to create public value(s) for individuals as well as society. The IRSPM SIG-HCM focuses on cross-fertilization between the fields of healthcare and public management.
We invite submissions (micro or macro perspective)s on the following (not exclusive) topics:
- Patient-centered organizations/care
- Integrated care (including clinical pathways)
- Initiatives targeting chronicity, frailty, multimorbidity
- Emergency and crisis planning/management
- Primary care models/innovation
- Health systems reforms, especially focused on resiliency
- Performance Measurement/management
- Role of technology /value-based healthcare
- (Public) Value creation through health promotion
The panel welcomes quantitative and qualitative analysis with a strong linkage to the literature and the most recent academic debate.
The best (submitted) papers will be eligible for fast track by Health Services Management Research.