Mission and Key Objectives
Our mission is to develop and support research about public management and public policy implementation amongst the international research community and to facilitate the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and understanding across this community.
IRSPM will achieve its mission by accomplishing the following objectives:
- Creating and supporting an international network of researchers in the areas of public management and public policy implementation that emphasizes multi-disciplinary and inter disciplinary research
- Wherever possible, encouraging and supporting research, and especially cross-national and comparative research, that illuminates the nature of public management and public policy implementation in an international context
- Organising an annual conference to disseminate new research findings and theory about public management and public policy implementation
- Supporting the dissemination of these new research findings and theory both through the adopted journal of the Society (Public Management Review) and by establishing other publication and research dissemination processes (such as special editions of other journals, edited books, workshops, etc.)
- Facilitating the renewal of the international research community by supporting new and emerging researchers, and researchers from the developing and transitional nations, and by facilitating their introduction into the research community around public management and public policy implementation
- Pro-actively seeking out alliances (both one-off and on-going) with other national, regional and international scientific associations in order to further the mission of the Society and of public management and policy.