Guidelines for authors
Guide for Authors - Abstract submission 2024
- Please read the individual Panels descriptions before submitting your abstract.
- Choose the panel which best fits your proposal.
- Please mark your submission if you are a student (Individuals pursuing a research career through enrollment in a degree granting institution (PhD and MSc).
- P42 SIG New Researchers Panel (doctoral students and researchers in the first three years of their academic careers) are invited to submit to any of the panels, however, note that:
- P42 SIG New researchers panel provides opportunities for extensive constructive commentary and discussion on their work with distinguished international faculty.
- In addition, this panel also awards the “Best new researcher paper” prize among the papers presented in this panel only.
The submitted abstract should be maximum 500 words (including references) and must be in English.
It should briefly identify:
- The relevance of the paper to the panel topic
- The significance of the research – why it is distinctive and its contribution to the field
- The research question(s) and method – the theoretical/conceptual foundations for the research
- The results to be reported
- Please do not email abstracts directly to the panel chair(s). All abstracts must be submitted via ExOrdo abstract submission system.
- Submissions can include several authors but must have one corresponding author and indicate the presenting author(s) who will be present at the conference for physical presentation.
- The number of submitted abstracts at the conference per person is limited to 3 (at least one of which must be multi-authored). One submitted abstract can be submitted to one panel only.
- Please note you cannot be (co-) author to more than 3 submitted abstracts.
- There will be no Open track panel set up for this conference edition.
The deadline for abstract submission is
Monday, 23 October 2023 now extended till Sunday, 29 October (midnight, CET)
Other important information:
- If your abstract is accepted, the presenting author must register and be available to present his/her paper during the panel session scheduled by the organisers during the conference period 16 - 18 April 2024